Club members are passionate about “Service Above Self” – and we love to get out and volunteer in the community as a team. Some of our recent projects include:
- Volunteered at the Run the Runway fundraising event at Hamilton Airport
- Supported the Grandparents Raising Grandchildren annual Christmas party
- Helped prepare a barn for its arriving animals for Hope Rising Farm
- Transplanted seedlings into pots ready to be used in gully restoration
- Helped out at sewing bees to create sustainable and reusable period products for Days for Girls
- Sent working parties of Rotarians to villages in Fiji to help refurbish school buildings.
- Provided and distributed bark around fruit trees at Melville Primary School.
- Provided dictionaries into Melville and Crawshaw Primary Schools for year 4 students.
“You were all so very smiley and helpful! Thank you for making our day great – it was very much appreciated!”~ Rachel, Grandparents raising Grandchildren Christmas Party
“I just wanted to thank you for the tickets to last nights Circus Quirkus event. My daughter and I both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I think my daugther may want to be a clown now – she’s making me call her Fuggles!” ~ From a grateful Mum